Schools are closed Monday for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and you can park on Seattle streets for free. Many government buildings are closed, as well. Also:
• Washington State Ferries will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
• Garbage- and recycling-pickup schedules in Seattle and Bellevue are unchanged.
• U.S. post offices are closed. There will be no mail delivery.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
Most Read Stories
• Most banks and credit unions are closed.
• Metro Transit bus routes will operate on a reduced weekday schedule. For route information, and to sign up for route-change alerts, go to kingcounty.gov/metro.
• Sound Transit Link ST Express Bus and Sounder trains will be on normal weekday schedules.
• Central Link light-rail trains will be on a Saturday schedule, and the Tacoma Link light rail will be on a Sunday schedule. Check with soundtransit.org for more information.
• Community Transit: Local buses within Snohomish County will operate on regular schedule. Commuter service to and from downtown Seattle and the University District will be reduced that day. For more information go to communitytransit.org.
• Seattle Public Library locations and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed. Because of server maintenance, some online services will be unavailable.
• Seattle Parks and Recreation community centers and pools will be closed.