There’s no need to wait until Seattle’s next boat show for a glimpse of a ginormous luxury mega-yacht.
Last week during one of my runs along Lake Union, I couldn’t resist pulling out my iPad from my backpack to make a sketch of the Mayan Queen IV. You can’t miss the huge ship if you are walking, cycling or biking on the Cheshiahud Lake Union Loop on the northwest side of the lake.
A curious passerby pulled out his smartphone to investigate the sleek vessel. It cost $140 million, he said, and it’s owned by Mexican billionaire Alberto Baillères.
According to the Puget Sound Business Journal, the 305-foot ship — the second-largest luxury yacht ever to dock on Lake Union — will be here for a while before heading north.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns
- Social-media speculation after Charleena Lyles shooting — and one thing people got wrong