Here are dates for upcoming meetings and votes on the school-closure decision: Community workshops: • Dec. 4, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Seattle Public Schools headquarters...
Here are dates for upcoming meetings and votes on the school-closure decision:
• Dec. 4, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Seattle Public Schools headquarters, 2445 3rd Ave. S.
• Dec. 6, 9:30-11:30 a.m., Filipino Community Center, 5740 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
• Individual schools will also hold meetings from Dec. 5-11. See http://www.seattleschools.org/area/capacity/getinvolved.html for dates and times
Public hearings (several locations at the same times and dates):
• Dec. 15, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at T.T. Minor Elementary, 1700 E. Union; Alternative School No. 1, 11530 12th Ave. N.E.; and Van Asselt Elementary, 7201 Beacon Ave. S.
• Dec. 16, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Pathfinder K-8, 5012 S.W. Genesee St.; Nova High, 2410 E. Cherry St.; and the Secondary Bilingual Orientation Center, 411 Boston St.
• Dec. 17th, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Lowell Elementary, 1058 E. Mercer.
• Jan. 22, 6 p.m., Seattle Public Schools headquarters, 2445 3rd Ave. S.
Final recommendation: Superintendent Maria Goodloe-Johnson will release her final recommendation Jan. 6.
Final vote: Jan. 29, the Seattle School Board votes on the final proposal at Seattle Public Schools headquarters, 2445 3rd Ave. S.
Comments: In addition, comments can be e-mailed to email@example.com or mailed to: School Board, P.O. Box 34165, MS 11-010, Seattle, WA 98124-1165
Source: Seattle Public Schools