Eric Strawn won’t back down. On Friday, the mayor of Tenino, Thurston County, reprised his appearance on the “BJ Shea Morning Show,” and this time pledged to take his side project to the next level.
Following an invitation from the show’s disc jockeys, Strawn will open for comedian Doug Benson at KISW’s Comedy Riot April 14.
The offer comes on the heels of Strawn’s March 8 call-in to the radio show, during which he performed parts of his new stand-up comedy routine, and a playing of that performance Tuesday to a Tenino City Council that was not amused.
At that meeting, Strawn was unrepentant and maintained that his personal and professional lives should stay separate. What he does as Eric Strawn has no relation to what he does as mayor of Tenino, Strawn argued.
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
Most Read Stories
Strawn said he will stay in his job, fight for his city and maybe make a few people laugh along the way.
His hope, he added, is that the four City Council positions up for election in November will be filled with some “good people.”