A man was shot in the chest in the parking lot of a South Seattle Safeway about 6 p.m. Friday, Seattle police said.
After gunfire was reported in the 9200 block of Rainier Avenue South, medics found the man, according to police. Scanner traffic said he was in his mid-20s.
Witnesses saw a group of men arguing near the southeast corner of the parking lot before one of the men fired a gun, according to an entry in the Seattle Police Department’s blog.
Friday night, officers were scouring the area for a suspect, the blog said.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- From best picks to the puzzlers, reviewing the Seahawks’ draft selections