A man was shot in the chest in the parking lot of a South Seattle Safeway about 6 p.m. Friday, Seattle police said.
After gunfire was reported in the 9200 block of Rainier Avenue South, medics found the man, according to police. Scanner traffic said he was in his mid-20s.
Witnesses saw a group of men arguing near the southeast corner of the parking lot before one of the men fired a gun, according to an entry in the Seattle Police Department’s blog.
Friday night, officers were scouring the area for a suspect, the blog said.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- SEC adds millions to developer’s alleged fraud in Seattle