A man was shot in the chest in the parking lot of a South Seattle Safeway about 6 p.m. Friday, Seattle police said.
After gunfire was reported in the 9200 block of Rainier Avenue South, medics found the man, according to police. Scanner traffic said he was in his mid-20s.
Witnesses saw a group of men arguing near the southeast corner of the parking lot before one of the men fired a gun, according to an entry in the Seattle Police Department’s blog.
Friday night, officers were scouring the area for a suspect, the blog said.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- It's time to let Carson Smith replace Fernando Rodney as closer