A man was shot in the chest in the parking lot of a South Seattle Safeway about 6 p.m. Friday, Seattle police said.
After gunfire was reported in the 9200 block of Rainier Avenue South, medics found the man, according to police. Scanner traffic said he was in his mid-20s.
Witnesses saw a group of men arguing near the southeast corner of the parking lot before one of the men fired a gun, according to an entry in the Seattle Police Department’s blog.
Friday night, officers were scouring the area for a suspect, the blog said.
- Prosecutor: Seahawks' draft pick is not a batterer
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick Frank Clark
- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife
- King County home prices surge, just shy of 2007 peak
- NFL finds Patriots employees probably deflated balls