A man was shot in the chest in the parking lot of a South Seattle Safeway about 6 p.m. Friday, Seattle police said.
After gunfire was reported in the 9200 block of Rainier Avenue South, medics found the man, according to police. Scanner traffic said he was in his mid-20s.
Witnesses saw a group of men arguing near the southeast corner of the parking lot before one of the men fired a gun, according to an entry in the Seattle Police Department’s blog.
Friday night, officers were scouring the area for a suspect, the blog said.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more