SPOKANE — A man fatally shot his wife Tuesday morning before turning the weapon on himself at a downtown Spokane medical center, police said.
Spokane police said the man went to his wife’s workplace in the Deaconess Medical Center complex and opened fire.
No one else was injured in the shooting, authorities said.
“This is an apparent domestic-violence incident,” Spokane police spokeswoman Monique Cotton said.
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
Most Read Stories
KHQ-TV reported that the couple had two children, who were found safe.
The shooting happened on the seventh floor of the Rockwood Cancer Treatment Center, police said. Other people were in the office where the shooting occurred, police said. The area was immediately evacuated.
Police received a call at about 9:30 a.m. that there had been a shooting, and responded in force, Cotton said.
“We took the precautions we take with an active shooter situation,” she said.
The husband was still alive when reached by police, but he died shortly after, police said.