The Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office will identify the man and determine the cause and manner of death.
INDEX — Authorities say a rescue mission has become a recovery mission after a rock fell on a 21-year-old man near Heybrook Lookout.
The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office says it was reported Friday afternoon that the man had been scrambling across a rock field when the rock fell.
The sheriff’s office says local fire officials will handle the recovery of his body.
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office will identify the man as well as cause and manner of death.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Pilots, check your bearings: Boeing Field catches up with Earth’s magnetic field
The Heybrook Lookout Trailhead is near the small town of Index on Highway 2.