The Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office will identify the man and determine the cause and manner of death.
INDEX — Authorities say a rescue mission has become a recovery mission after a rock fell on a 21-year-old man near Heybrook Lookout.
The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office says it was reported Friday afternoon that the man had been scrambling across a rock field when the rock fell.
The sheriff’s office says local fire officials will handle the recovery of his body.
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office will identify the man as well as cause and manner of death.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns
- Social-media speculation after Charleena Lyles shooting — and one thing people got wrong
The Heybrook Lookout Trailhead is near the small town of Index on Highway 2.