The Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office will identify the man and determine the cause and manner of death.
INDEX — Authorities say a rescue mission has become a recovery mission after a rock fell on a 21-year-old man near Heybrook Lookout.
The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office says it was reported Friday afternoon that the man had been scrambling across a rock field when the rock fell.
The sheriff’s office says local fire officials will handle the recovery of his body.
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office will identify the man as well as cause and manner of death.
Most Read Stories
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Swedish double-booked its surgeries, and the patients didn't know | Quantity of Care
- Seattle Zestimates are off by $40,000; now hundreds of data crunchers vie to improve Zillow’s model
The Heybrook Lookout Trailhead is near the small town of Index on Highway 2.