The Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office will identify the man and determine the cause and manner of death.
INDEX — Authorities say a rescue mission has become a recovery mission after a rock fell on a 21-year-old man near Heybrook Lookout.
The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office says it was reported Friday afternoon that the man had been scrambling across a rock field when the rock fell.
The sheriff’s office says local fire officials will handle the recovery of his body.
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office will identify the man as well as cause and manner of death.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
The Heybrook Lookout Trailhead is near the small town of Index on Highway 2.