EUGENE, Ore. — Police say a man who randomly attacked another man walking in downtown Eugene yelled “knockout” as he knocked him to the ground.
The assault Tuesday appears similar to “knockout” attacks in other parts of the country that are recorded on video.
The Register-Guard reports police tracked down the suspect, a 30-year-old transient, Christopher Alan Branham. He was arrested after officers threatened to subdue him with pepper spray.
The 44-year-old victim was punched several times in the face and body but not seriously injured. A witness came to his defense.
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
- Pedestrian struck on I-5 dies
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle tops Pittsburgh Steelers, 39-30, in back-and-forth thriller