EUGENE, Ore. — Police say a man who randomly attacked another man walking in downtown Eugene yelled “knockout” as he knocked him to the ground.
The assault Tuesday appears similar to “knockout” attacks in other parts of the country that are recorded on video.
The Register-Guard reports police tracked down the suspect, a 30-year-old transient, Christopher Alan Branham. He was arrested after officers threatened to subdue him with pepper spray.
The 44-year-old victim was punched several times in the face and body but not seriously injured. A witness came to his defense.
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Seattle’s vanishing black community