EUGENE, Ore. — Police say a man who randomly attacked another man walking in downtown Eugene yelled “knockout” as he knocked him to the ground.
The assault Tuesday appears similar to “knockout” attacks in other parts of the country that are recorded on video.
The Register-Guard reports police tracked down the suspect, a 30-year-old transient, Christopher Alan Branham. He was arrested after officers threatened to subdue him with pepper spray.
The 44-year-old victim was punched several times in the face and body but not seriously injured. A witness came to his defense.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- Home prices charge ahead, driving some buyers farther afield
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Trump plans rallies in Lynden and Spokane on Saturday