EUGENE, Ore. — Police say a man who randomly attacked another man walking in downtown Eugene yelled “knockout” as he knocked him to the ground.
The assault Tuesday appears similar to “knockout” attacks in other parts of the country that are recorded on video.
The Register-Guard reports police tracked down the suspect, a 30-year-old transient, Christopher Alan Branham. He was arrested after officers threatened to subdue him with pepper spray.
The 44-year-old victim was punched several times in the face and body but not seriously injured. A witness came to his defense.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- Russell Wilson talks baseball, contract and other stuff on Jimmy Kimmel
- Rules preserving city views set up clash among towers competing to be first, biggest