EUGENE, Ore. — Police say a man who randomly attacked another man walking in downtown Eugene yelled “knockout” as he knocked him to the ground.
The assault Tuesday appears similar to “knockout” attacks in other parts of the country that are recorded on video.
The Register-Guard reports police tracked down the suspect, a 30-year-old transient, Christopher Alan Branham. He was arrested after officers threatened to subdue him with pepper spray.
The 44-year-old victim was punched several times in the face and body but not seriously injured. A witness came to his defense.
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Wing part that may be from missing Malaysian plane to be sent to France