U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has hired Courtney Gregoire — daughter of Washington state Gov. Chris Gregoire — as his director of legislative affairs.
WASHINGTON — U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has hired Courtney Gregoire as his director of legislative affairs.
Gregoire is the daughter of Washington state Gov. Chris Gregoire, who succeeded Locke as governor.
Courtney Gregoire, a graduate of Harvard Law School, previously served as legislative director and chief counsel for Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash.
In other appointments Tuesday, Locke named Daraka Satcher as deputy assistant secretary for legislative and intergovernmental affairs, and William Ramos as director of intergovernmental affairs.
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Wing part that may be from missing Malaysian plane to be sent to France