U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has hired Courtney Gregoire — daughter of Washington state Gov. Chris Gregoire — as his director of legislative affairs.
WASHINGTON — U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has hired Courtney Gregoire as his director of legislative affairs.
Gregoire is the daughter of Washington state Gov. Chris Gregoire, who succeeded Locke as governor.
Courtney Gregoire, a graduate of Harvard Law School, previously served as legislative director and chief counsel for Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash.
In other appointments Tuesday, Locke named Daraka Satcher as deputy assistant secretary for legislative and intergovernmental affairs, and William Ramos as director of intergovernmental affairs.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- Seattle-area home prices set record; 2nd-fastest rising in nation