U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has hired Courtney Gregoire — daughter of Washington state Gov. Chris Gregoire — as his director of legislative affairs.
WASHINGTON — U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has hired Courtney Gregoire as his director of legislative affairs.
Gregoire is the daughter of Washington state Gov. Chris Gregoire, who succeeded Locke as governor.
Courtney Gregoire, a graduate of Harvard Law School, previously served as legislative director and chief counsel for Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash.
In other appointments Tuesday, Locke named Daraka Satcher as deputy assistant secretary for legislative and intergovernmental affairs, and William Ramos as director of intergovernmental affairs.
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game