U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has hired Courtney Gregoire — daughter of Washington state Gov. Chris Gregoire — as his director of legislative affairs.
WASHINGTON — U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has hired Courtney Gregoire as his director of legislative affairs.
Gregoire is the daughter of Washington state Gov. Chris Gregoire, who succeeded Locke as governor.
Courtney Gregoire, a graduate of Harvard Law School, previously served as legislative director and chief counsel for Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash.
In other appointments Tuesday, Locke named Daraka Satcher as deputy assistant secretary for legislative and intergovernmental affairs, and William Ramos as director of intergovernmental affairs.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- FBI, police investigating Seattle officer in violent 2010 incident
- B-boys to Balkan, the Northwest Folklife Festival is under way
- Jon Ryan going for title of NFL's most 'Ninja'-like punter