U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has hired Courtney Gregoire — daughter of Washington state Gov. Chris Gregoire — as his director of legislative affairs.
WASHINGTON — U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has hired Courtney Gregoire as his director of legislative affairs.
Gregoire is the daughter of Washington state Gov. Chris Gregoire, who succeeded Locke as governor.
Courtney Gregoire, a graduate of Harvard Law School, previously served as legislative director and chief counsel for Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash.
In other appointments Tuesday, Locke named Daraka Satcher as deputy assistant secretary for legislative and intergovernmental affairs, and William Ramos as director of intergovernmental affairs.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays