A rare lightning strike from a Saturday afternoon thunderstorm blasted a hole in the roof of a chapel at the Bethany Community Church in the Green Lake area of Seattle.
One of the pastors, Phil Maulding, says none of the three people inside at the time were hurt. There was no fire. The hole is a couple of feet in diameter.
Maulding says the building would be usable Sunday, but the lightning strike knocked out the power and internet. The chapel normal holds a video service for an overflow crowd. But, he says they can be accommodated at services in the main church building.
Seattle firefighters who responded covered the hole and made sure there was no fire in the chapel.
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for marriage license