The Lewis County sheriff's office says a deputy has killed a suspect in Napavine.
The Lewis County sheriff’s office says a deputy has killed a suspect in Napavine.
The deputy was helping police about 2 a.m. Monday at the scene of a burglary where a man with a knife reportedly tried to break into a home.
The sheriff’s office says the deputy saw the suspect a short time later, and he refused to take his hands out of his pockets and charged the deputy.
The deputy shot the man. He died at the scene.
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Death of Oregon ultramarathoner rocks community of runners