The Lewis County sheriff's office says a deputy has killed a suspect in Napavine.
The Lewis County sheriff’s office says a deputy has killed a suspect in Napavine.
The deputy was helping police about 2 a.m. Monday at the scene of a burglary where a man with a knife reportedly tried to break into a home.
The sheriff’s office says the deputy saw the suspect a short time later, and he refused to take his hands out of his pockets and charged the deputy.
The deputy shot the man. He died at the scene.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama arrives in Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list