House Transportation Committee Chair Judy Clibborn says she will seek a 10-cent-per-gallon increase to the state's gas tax.
House Transportation Committee Chair Judy Clibborn says she will seek a 10-cent-per-gallon increase to the state’s gas tax.
The proposed gas-tax hike will be a part of a broader transportation revenue package that the Mercer Island lawmaker and several of her Democratic colleagues on the House Transportation Committee plan to unveil Wednesday.
A gas tax increase would likely face its stiffest resistance in the Senate, which is controlled by Republicans and two Democrats who crossed the aisle to join them.
However, Senate Majority Leader Rodney Tom said last month that he would support a gas-tax hike.
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Thursday morning musings: Mel Kiper says Seattle pick "very difficult to predict right now''
- Who do post-Combine mock drafts have the Seahawks selecting?
- Google plans new HQ, and a city fears being overrun
Most Read Stories
In order to be passed into law, the tax hike would require a two-thirds majority in both the House and the Senate or be passed by a vote of the people.