A landslide has blocked train tracks near Vancouver, Washington, stopping Amtrak service.
A landslide has blocked train tracks near Vancouver, Washington, stopping Amtrak service between Portland and Seattle until Friday.
BNSF Railway, which owns the track, has placed a 48-hour moratorium on train travel through the area.
Amtrak is working on bus transportation for passengers.
Regular train service will operate north of Seattle and south of Portland.
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Is Seattle a target for a North Korean nuclear attack? Well, not quite yet, insiders say
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch agrees to contract with Raiders, is traded to Oakland in exchange of 2018 draft picks
- Boeing’s budget ax falls on popular gym for employees
Passengers seeking refunds should go to Amtrak.com or call 800-USA-RAIL.