A landslide has blocked train tracks near Vancouver, Washington, stopping Amtrak service.
A landslide has blocked train tracks near Vancouver, Washington, stopping Amtrak service between Portland and Seattle until Friday.
BNSF Railway, which owns the track, has placed a 48-hour moratorium on train travel through the area.
Amtrak is working on bus transportation for passengers.
Regular train service will operate north of Seattle and south of Portland.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Eclipse traffic already heavy in central Oregon
Passengers seeking refunds should go to Amtrak.com or call 800-USA-RAIL.