The bodies of a Kirkland couple in their 60s were discovered Sunday after what police believe was a murder-suicide.
A couple in their 60s are dead after an apparent murder-suicide in Kirkland, police said Sunday night.
Police responded at about 11 a.m. to a report of a dead man found in a residence in the 10300 block of 113th Court Northeast, according to a news release from Kirkland Police.
The man’s body was discovered in a garage by a family member who hadn’t heard from him and went to check on him. The man’s injuries appeared self-inflicted, the news release said.
The body of a woman believed to be the dead man’s wife was located in the kitchen. Police said the incident appeared to be the result of a murder-suicide that occurred in the past couple of days.
Most Read Stories
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
- Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle, and it might remind you of Shake Shack
- Check out the Pike Place Market’s $74M addition: See 360-degree views of the new MarketFront VIEW
- The Willows Inn on Lummi Island to pay workers $149K for wage, overtime violations
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
Kirkland police are investigating the deaths. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Detective Sgt. Phil Goguen at 425-587-3503 or at Pgoguen@kirklandwa.gov.