The bodies of a Kirkland couple in their 60s were discovered Sunday after what police believe was a murder-suicide.
A couple in their 60s are dead after an apparent murder-suicide in Kirkland, police said Sunday night.
Police responded at about 11 a.m. to a report of a dead man found in a residence in the 10300 block of 113th Court Northeast, according to a news release from Kirkland Police.
The man’s body was discovered in a garage by a family member who hadn’t heard from him and went to check on him. The man’s injuries appeared self-inflicted, the news release said.
The body of a woman believed to be the dead man’s wife was located in the kitchen. Police said the incident appeared to be the result of a murder-suicide that occurred in the past couple of days.
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seahawks trade with Falcons, 49ers to move out of first round of 2017 NFL Draft, now have 10 picks WATCH
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the second and third rounds
- Highway 99 tolling: Here's how much you could pay, according to new analysis
- Offer help to daughter every which way; it may build a bond | Dear Carolyn
Kirkland police are investigating the deaths. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Detective Sgt. Phil Goguen at 425-587-3503 or at Pgoguen@kirklandwa.gov.