A King County Sheriff's Department sergeant and a motorcyclist both were being treated at Harborview Medical Center after colliding off Interstate 90's Winery Road exit yesterday morning.
A King County Sheriff’s Department sergeant and a motorcyclist both were being treated at Harborview Medical Center after colliding off Interstate 90’s Winery Road exit yesterday morning.
According to sheriff’s spokesman John Urquhart, the deputy is in stable condition with a head injury and doesn’t remember what happened. The motorcyclist is in critical condition with unknown injuries. Both are at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
The sergeant, 39, works out of Kenmore and has been with the Sheriff’s Department for 15 years. He was on duty, driving a marked patrol car, around 12:30 a.m. when he and the motorcyclist, a 26-year-old Federal Way man, both turned left at the bottom of Exit 27 off eastbound I-90.
The cause of the crash remains unclear, and the collision is under investigation. Neither man has been identified.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Police prepare for Black Lives Matter protest, tree-lighting at Westlake