HONOLULU — The actor best known for playing the TV character Gomer Pyle in the 1960s has married his male partner of 38 years.
Hawaii News Now reports Jim Nabors and his partner Stan Cadwallader traveled from their Honolulu home to Seattle to be married Jan. 15.
Gay marriage became legal in Washington state last month.
Nabors is 82 years old. Cadwallader is in his late 60s. Nabors says you’ve got to solidify something when you’ve been together as long as they have.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
Most Read Stories
The couple met in 1975 when Cadwallader was a Honolulu firefighter.
Nabors says he’s been open about his homosexuality to co-workers and friends but never acknowledged it to the media before.
Nabors played Gomer Pyle in “The Andy Griffith Show” and “Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.” television shows.