HONOLULU — The actor best known for playing the TV character Gomer Pyle in the 1960s has married his male partner of 38 years.
Hawaii News Now reports Jim Nabors and his partner Stan Cadwallader traveled from their Honolulu home to Seattle to be married Jan. 15.
Gay marriage became legal in Washington state last month.
Nabors is 82 years old. Cadwallader is in his late 60s. Nabors says you’ve got to solidify something when you’ve been together as long as they have.
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Thursday morning musings: Mel Kiper says Seattle pick "very difficult to predict right now''
- Who do post-Combine mock drafts have the Seahawks selecting?
- Google plans new HQ, and a city fears being overrun
Most Read Stories
The couple met in 1975 when Cadwallader was a Honolulu firefighter.
Nabors says he’s been open about his homosexuality to co-workers and friends but never acknowledged it to the media before.
Nabors played Gomer Pyle in “The Andy Griffith Show” and “Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.” television shows.