BOISE, Idaho (AP) — An Ada County jailer has been arrested on suspicion of having sexual contact with a female inmate.
The sheriff’s office says 36-year-old Seanjay Wright of Meridian was booked into jail Wednesday on two felony counts. He also was fired.
Sheriff Gary Raney says jail deputies learned Wednesday morning of possible contact between Wright and the inmate. Boise police investigated and found enough evidence to arrest Wright, who had been a sheriff’s office employee for two years.
Raney says his office will look closely at the jail operations to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam