BOISE, Idaho (AP) — An Ada County jailer has been arrested on suspicion of having sexual contact with a female inmate.
The sheriff’s office says 36-year-old Seanjay Wright of Meridian was booked into jail Wednesday on two felony counts. He also was fired.
Sheriff Gary Raney says jail deputies learned Wednesday morning of possible contact between Wright and the inmate. Boise police investigated and found enough evidence to arrest Wright, who had been a sheriff’s office employee for two years.
Raney says his office will look closely at the jail operations to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit