BOISE, Idaho (AP) — An Ada County jailer has been arrested on suspicion of having sexual contact with a female inmate.
The sheriff’s office says 36-year-old Seanjay Wright of Meridian was booked into jail Wednesday on two felony counts. He also was fired.
Sheriff Gary Raney says jail deputies learned Wednesday morning of possible contact between Wright and the inmate. Boise police investigated and found enough evidence to arrest Wright, who had been a sheriff’s office employee for two years.
Raney says his office will look closely at the jail operations to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill