SPOKANE (AP) — Police are looking for a man who shot and killed a man during an apparent home invasion Sunday night at a home in Spokane’s South Hill neighborhood.
Lt. Justin Lundgren told The Spokesman-Review the victim’s wife called 911 about 7 p.m. and said an intruder in their home had shot her husband. He died at the scene.
Officers blocked streets for a search with a police dog but did not find a suspect. He was wearing all black clothing.
The woman said the intruder pointed a gun at her husband, who tried to calm him down. She ran upstairs, then heard gunfire.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law