Snohomish County will hold a third round of interviews for candidates for custody-officer jobs at the Snohomish County Jail. A new, larger jail building is expected to open in...
Snohomish County will hold a third round of interviews for candidates for custody-officer jobs at the Snohomish County Jail.
A new, larger jail building is expected to open in the spring, and about 15 positions are available for jobs that will start in March. The application process includes a written exam, preliminary background interview and physical-ability test. The process takes three to five hours.
The county interviewed more than 300 applicants in August and hired 25. In October, it filled 13 additional positions after interviewing 160 candidates.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Fishing 101 can help parents cope with daughter’s nasty ‘best friend’ | Dear Carolyn
- Texas football player’s story prompts probe of Garfield High School recruitment
- Couple charged with assault in shooting, melee during UW speech by Milo Yiannopoulos WATCH
The interviews and written test will be held at WorkSource Everett in Everett Station, 3201 Smith Ave., on Jan. 11. Doors will open at 8 a.m. No appointments are necessary.
Applicants must be at least 21 by March. They should bring photo identification, their employment histories and contact information for references. Applicants who have a doctor’s certification of fitness will be able to take the physical-agility test. They should bring gym clothes.
Officers won’t be hired without passing an extensive background investigation, including psychological and polygraph exams.
For a complete job description, see www.go2worksource.com, click on “Search By Job ID” and search for “WA1283676.”