The mystery winners of Washington state's second biggest lottery prize revealed themselves today at a news conference in Seattle.
The mystery winners of Washington state’s second biggest lottery prize revealed themselves today at a news conference in Seattle.
Sommay and Xia Rattanakone of North Bend hit the $55 million Mega Millions jackpot last week.
The couple bought the winning ticket at a Safeway in North Bend. Buying lottery tickets was a weekly ritual for the couple.
Sommay, 52, works for the Seattle Public Schools system and his wife, Xia, 44, is temporarily employed at Nintendo. The couple plans to retire after the winnings.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?
Most Read Stories
Both are immigrants from Laos and said they plan to return to their native country to visit.
But first, they plan to pay off their mortgage.
Their winnings mark the second biggest jackpot in the state’s history, only behind a $93 million prize won in November of 2002.