The mystery winners of Washington state's second biggest lottery prize revealed themselves today at a news conference in Seattle.
The mystery winners of Washington state’s second biggest lottery prize revealed themselves today at a news conference in Seattle.
Sommay and Xia Rattanakone of North Bend hit the $55 million Mega Millions jackpot last week.
The couple bought the winning ticket at a Safeway in North Bend. Buying lottery tickets was a weekly ritual for the couple.
Sommay, 52, works for the Seattle Public Schools system and his wife, Xia, 44, is temporarily employed at Nintendo. The couple plans to retire after the winnings.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit
Most Read Stories
Both are immigrants from Laos and said they plan to return to their native country to visit.
But first, they plan to pay off their mortgage.
Their winnings mark the second biggest jackpot in the state’s history, only behind a $93 million prize won in November of 2002.