A 21-year-old Maple Valley woman died at Harborview Medical Center after the collision.
A 21-year-old Maple Valley woman died early Thursday from injuries suffered in a collision caused by icy roads, according to the State Patrol.
The Washington State Patrol said the 7:25 a.m. Wednesday crash was on Maple Valley Highway (Highway 169) at 180th Avenue Southeast when the driver of a red pickup, who was traveling southbound, lost control on the slick roadway and crossed over the center-turn lane.
The pickup then struck a northbound black VW Jetta, critically injuring a woman identified by the State Patrol on Thursday as Madison A. Zappone Casey.
Casey died overnight at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
- 50 Seattle rape, sex-abuse cases stalled for years on detective’s desk
- Live updates from Obama’s visit to the Seattle area
- Seattle commuters: Major delays this weekend with Obama visit, Pride events
- High school withholds diploma from student who proposed to girlfriend at graduation
- Former Seahawks QB Tarvaris Jackson arrested for allegedly pulling gun on woman
Most Read Stories
The State Patrol determined there was no impairment of either driver and released a photograph of the collision to remind drivers of the dangers of icy roads and adverse weather.