A 21-year-old Maple Valley woman died at Harborview Medical Center after the collision.
A 21-year-old Maple Valley woman died early Thursday from injuries suffered in a collision caused by icy roads, according to the State Patrol.
The Washington State Patrol said the 7:25 a.m. Wednesday crash was on Maple Valley Highway (Highway 169) at 180th Avenue Southeast when the driver of a red pickup, who was traveling southbound, lost control on the slick roadway and crossed over the center-turn lane.
The pickup then struck a northbound black VW Jetta, critically injuring a woman identified by the State Patrol on Thursday as Madison A. Zappone Casey.
Casey died overnight at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Most Read Stories
- What you need to know about Inauguration Day protests, events in Seattle
- 50,000 expected to attend Seattle women’s march day after Trump inauguration WATCH
- Christopher Monfort, killer of Seattle police officer, found dead in prison cell
- Police seek description of shooter who wounded 3 at Seattle’s Crocodile club
- From TV to courtroom to the market: The saga of Seattle’s $475,000 treehouse
The State Patrol determined there was no impairment of either driver and released a photograph of the collision to remind drivers of the dangers of icy roads and adverse weather.