A 21-year-old Maple Valley woman died at Harborview Medical Center after the collision.
A 21-year-old Maple Valley woman died early Thursday from injuries suffered in a collision caused by icy roads, according to the State Patrol.
The Washington State Patrol said the 7:25 a.m. Wednesday crash was on Maple Valley Highway (Highway 169) at 180th Avenue Southeast when the driver of a red pickup, who was traveling southbound, lost control on the slick roadway and crossed over the center-turn lane.
The pickup then struck a northbound black VW Jetta, critically injuring a woman identified by the State Patrol on Thursday as Madison A. Zappone Casey.
Casey died overnight at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Most Read Stories
- New dad, on way to see baby, shot dead after road-rage incident, family says
- Police think there might be more to road-rage killing of young dad in Federal Way
- DEA moves to ban kratom, frustrating both scientists and users
- Seattle proposes more density for some neighborhoods, releases maps
- Seahawks should sit Russell Wilson vs. Jets | Larry Stone
The State Patrol determined there was no impairment of either driver and released a photograph of the collision to remind drivers of the dangers of icy roads and adverse weather.