A 21-year-old Maple Valley woman died at Harborview Medical Center after the collision.
A 21-year-old Maple Valley woman died early Thursday from injuries suffered in a collision caused by icy roads, according to the State Patrol.
The Washington State Patrol said the 7:25 a.m. Wednesday crash was on Maple Valley Highway (Highway 169) at 180th Avenue Southeast when the driver of a red pickup, who was traveling southbound, lost control on the slick roadway and crossed over the center-turn lane.
The pickup then struck a northbound black VW Jetta, critically injuring a woman identified by the State Patrol on Thursday as Madison A. Zappone Casey.
Casey died overnight at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Most Read Stories
- Jay Inslee for president? Governor’s profile is on the rise
- Swedish CEO resigns in wake of Seattle Times investigation
- Mayor Ed Murray proposes $55 million a year property-tax levy to fight homelessness VIEW
- Nordstrom’s big, beautiful stores are losing ground VIEW
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
The State Patrol determined there was no impairment of either driver and released a photograph of the collision to remind drivers of the dangers of icy roads and adverse weather.