A 21-year-old Maple Valley woman died at Harborview Medical Center after the collision.
A 21-year-old Maple Valley woman died early Thursday from injuries suffered in a collision caused by icy roads, according to the State Patrol.
The Washington State Patrol said the 7:25 a.m. Wednesday crash was on Maple Valley Highway (Highway 169) at 180th Avenue Southeast when the driver of a red pickup, who was traveling southbound, lost control on the slick roadway and crossed over the center-turn lane.
The pickup then struck a northbound black VW Jetta, critically injuring a woman identified by the State Patrol on Thursday as Madison A. Zappone Casey.
Casey died overnight at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Most Read Stories
- FBI’s massive porn sting puts internet privacy in crossfire
- Help! Marriott charged $250 for smoking in my room — but I don’t smoke
- There’s a reason why ‘rebound’ body odor flares, fades | The People's Pharmacy
- Puget Sound ferry commuters’ world: coffee, beauty — and line cutters
- Seahawks' Michael Bennett on Colin Kaepernick: 'I support him and all the stuff he's doing'
The State Patrol determined there was no impairment of either driver and released a photograph of the collision to remind drivers of the dangers of icy roads and adverse weather.