A 21-year-old Maple Valley woman died at Harborview Medical Center after the collision.
A 21-year-old Maple Valley woman died early Thursday from injuries suffered in a collision caused by icy roads, according to the State Patrol.
The Washington State Patrol said the 7:25 a.m. Wednesday crash was on Maple Valley Highway (Highway 169) at 180th Avenue Southeast when the driver of a red pickup, who was traveling southbound, lost control on the slick roadway and crossed over the center-turn lane.
The pickup then struck a northbound black VW Jetta, critically injuring a woman identified by the State Patrol on Thursday as Madison A. Zappone Casey.
Casey died overnight at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
- Downtown Bothell blaze deals blow to redevelopment efforts VIEW
- Seattle rents now growing faster than in any other U.S. city
- Susan Kaufman, owner of restaurants Serafina and Cicchetti, dies at 64
- Watch: 14-year-old uses drone to chase Camano Island boat thieves, police say WATCH
- John Reed, sought in slaying of Arlington couple, is captured in Mexico
Most Read Stories
The State Patrol determined there was no impairment of either driver and released a photograph of the collision to remind drivers of the dangers of icy roads and adverse weather.