Donations are being accepted for the families of the four slain Lakewood police officers.
THE LAKEWOOD POLICE INDEPENDENT GUILD is taking donations for the families of the four slain police officers. Checks can be made to the LPIG Benevolent Fund and sent to P.O. Box 99579, Lakewood, WA 98499. Donations also can be made online at www.lpig.us.
The Forza Coffee Co. has set up donation boxes at its stores. Donations also can be made at the Forza Web site, www.forzacoffeecompany.com.
Statement by family of slain Seattle police Officer Timothy Brenton
“We have asked that the Brenton Family Assistance Fund be closed. Anyone wishing to provide any financial support should devote it to the Lakewood Police Independent Guild. They will ensure that this will be provided to the families of these fallen heroes.”
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Candlelight prayer vigil
A prayer service and candlelight walk will be at 7 p.m. at the Lakewood YMCA, 9715 Lakewood Dr. S.W., Tacoma. The service is sponsored by Life Center church in partnership with the Lakewood YMCA, Tillicum Youth for Christ and other area churches.
Memorial service set for Tuesday
A service for the four Lakewood officers will take place at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Tacoma Dome. More than 20,000 law-enforcement officers are expected to attend. The event is open to the public. Anyone interested in volunteering can e-mail email@example.com.