A horse has been rescued from an abandoned well in Mason County, Wash.
MASON County — A horse has been rescued from an abandoned well in Mason County.
The Olympian reports that the 800-pound mare named Magic was found submerged in the 4-foot-square well except for her head and right front leg.
On Tuesday afternoon, Central Mason Fire and emergency workers freed Magic’s left front leg and then double-wrapped a fire hose around the horse’s body and pulled her free.
Mason County Animal Control, Jim’s Towing and a veterinarian also responded. The horse is reported to be recovering under veterinary care.
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified