A horse has been rescued from an abandoned well in Mason County, Wash.
MASON County — A horse has been rescued from an abandoned well in Mason County.
The Olympian reports that the 800-pound mare named Magic was found submerged in the 4-foot-square well except for her head and right front leg.
On Tuesday afternoon, Central Mason Fire and emergency workers freed Magic’s left front leg and then double-wrapped a fire hose around the horse’s body and pulled her free.
Mason County Animal Control, Jim’s Towing and a veterinarian also responded. The horse is reported to be recovering under veterinary care.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles