A horse has been rescued from an abandoned well in Mason County, Wash.
MASON County — A horse has been rescued from an abandoned well in Mason County.
The Olympian reports that the 800-pound mare named Magic was found submerged in the 4-foot-square well except for her head and right front leg.
On Tuesday afternoon, Central Mason Fire and emergency workers freed Magic’s left front leg and then double-wrapped a fire hose around the horse’s body and pulled her free.
Mason County Animal Control, Jim’s Towing and a veterinarian also responded. The horse is reported to be recovering under veterinary care.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars