A horse has been rescued from an abandoned well in Mason County, Wash.
MASON County — A horse has been rescued from an abandoned well in Mason County.
The Olympian reports that the 800-pound mare named Magic was found submerged in the 4-foot-square well except for her head and right front leg.
On Tuesday afternoon, Central Mason Fire and emergency workers freed Magic’s left front leg and then double-wrapped a fire hose around the horse’s body and pulled her free.
Mason County Animal Control, Jim’s Towing and a veterinarian also responded. The horse is reported to be recovering under veterinary care.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down