A horse has been rescued from an abandoned well in Mason County, Wash.
MASON County — A horse has been rescued from an abandoned well in Mason County.
The Olympian reports that the 800-pound mare named Magic was found submerged in the 4-foot-square well except for her head and right front leg.
On Tuesday afternoon, Central Mason Fire and emergency workers freed Magic’s left front leg and then double-wrapped a fire hose around the horse’s body and pulled her free.
Mason County Animal Control, Jim’s Towing and a veterinarian also responded. The horse is reported to be recovering under veterinary care.
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Seahawks’ Coleman going 60, didn’t brake before crash, police say