The Transportation Department hasn't said exactly when it will reopen the Hood Canal floating bridge, but it has a ribbon-cutting ceremony scheduled for Saturday.
SHINE, Jefferson County — The Transportation Department hasn’t said exactly when it will reopen the Hood Canal floating bridge, but it has a ribbon-cutting ceremony scheduled for Saturday.
The bridge has been closed since May 1 for a $500 million renovation project.
The reopening depends on final testing of the drawspan. It has to complete 20 successful operations in a row.
The ribbon-cutting is scheduled for 11 a.m. at Salsbury Park, Kitsap County, and a Bridge Opening Bash is scheduled Saturday afternoon in Port Townsend.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- True-crime author Ann Rule dies at age 83
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
Most Read Stories
The work is ahead of schedule. The bridge was expected to be closed until mid-June.