The Transportation Department hasn't said exactly when it will reopen the Hood Canal floating bridge, but it has a ribbon-cutting ceremony scheduled for Saturday.
SHINE, Jefferson County — The Transportation Department hasn’t said exactly when it will reopen the Hood Canal floating bridge, but it has a ribbon-cutting ceremony scheduled for Saturday.
The bridge has been closed since May 1 for a $500 million renovation project.
The reopening depends on final testing of the drawspan. It has to complete 20 successful operations in a row.
The ribbon-cutting is scheduled for 11 a.m. at Salsbury Park, Kitsap County, and a Bridge Opening Bash is scheduled Saturday afternoon in Port Townsend.
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
- Mariners lose fourth straight game
Most Read Stories
The work is ahead of schedule. The bridge was expected to be closed until mid-June.