The Transportation Department hasn't said exactly when it will reopen the Hood Canal floating bridge, but it has a ribbon-cutting ceremony scheduled for Saturday.
SHINE, Jefferson County — The Transportation Department hasn’t said exactly when it will reopen the Hood Canal floating bridge, but it has a ribbon-cutting ceremony scheduled for Saturday.
The bridge has been closed since May 1 for a $500 million renovation project.
The reopening depends on final testing of the drawspan. It has to complete 20 successful operations in a row.
The ribbon-cutting is scheduled for 11 a.m. at Salsbury Park, Kitsap County, and a Bridge Opening Bash is scheduled Saturday afternoon in Port Townsend.
- Seattle neighborhoods hire private security amid ‘blatant lawlessness’
- Why the Seahawks should reward Michael Bennett, not Kam Chancellor
- Man who says he feared mass shootings accidentally shoots stranger in movie theater, police say
- ‘Combat veteran’? Records fail to back state lawmaker’s claims
- Boeing tanker passes first midair refueling test for Air Force
Most Read Stories
The work is ahead of schedule. The bridge was expected to be closed until mid-June.