The Transportation Department hasn't said exactly when it will reopen the Hood Canal floating bridge, but it has a ribbon-cutting ceremony scheduled for Saturday.
SHINE, Jefferson County — The Transportation Department hasn’t said exactly when it will reopen the Hood Canal floating bridge, but it has a ribbon-cutting ceremony scheduled for Saturday.
The bridge has been closed since May 1 for a $500 million renovation project.
The reopening depends on final testing of the drawspan. It has to complete 20 successful operations in a row.
The ribbon-cutting is scheduled for 11 a.m. at Salsbury Park, Kitsap County, and a Bridge Opening Bash is scheduled Saturday afternoon in Port Townsend.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
Most Read Stories
The work is ahead of schedule. The bridge was expected to be closed until mid-June.