The Transportation Department hasn't said exactly when it will reopen the Hood Canal floating bridge, but it has a ribbon-cutting ceremony scheduled for Saturday.
SHINE, Jefferson County — The Transportation Department hasn’t said exactly when it will reopen the Hood Canal floating bridge, but it has a ribbon-cutting ceremony scheduled for Saturday.
The bridge has been closed since May 1 for a $500 million renovation project.
The reopening depends on final testing of the drawspan. It has to complete 20 successful operations in a row.
The ribbon-cutting is scheduled for 11 a.m. at Salsbury Park, Kitsap County, and a Bridge Opening Bash is scheduled Saturday afternoon in Port Townsend.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
The work is ahead of schedule. The bridge was expected to be closed until mid-June.