A weekly list of classes, workshops and other health-related events.
For Dec. 19-Dec. 25
Most Read Stories
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman, dozens of athletes respond to Trump's rant against NFL player protests
- GOP’s know-nothing approach to health care is symptom of a bigger disease | Danny Westneat
- Russian hackers tried to access Washington’s voting systems, officials say
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- No. 7 UW Huskies at Colorado: Time, TV, radio, stream, preview
Eyecare health via telephone
Wed The eye surgeons at the Harman Eye Clinic have informational Wednesday seminars via the telephone to help people better understand and appreciate eye care, 12:45 p.m., Harman Eye Clinic, Arlington, 800-755-3937 or www.20better.com
Canker sore study
Ongoing The University of Washington Regional Clinical Dental Research Center is seeking volunteers who regularly get canker sores to participate in a two-week study examining a new treatment intended to reduce pain and speed healing. Participants must be at least 18 years old and will receive up to $60 compensation, UW Health Sciences Building, 1958 N.E. Pacific, Seattle, 206-685-8132.
Hospice volunteers needed
Jan 25 Hospice volunteers are needed in South King, Pierce and Kitsap counties to stay with patients in their homes, assist with errands and practical tasks, offering emotional support to terminally ill patients and their families, training sessions held Feb. 11-13 in Tacoma, 253-274-4635 or www.ghc.org