A weekly list of classes, workshops and other health-related events.
For Dec. 19-Dec. 25
Most Read Stories
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care
- Seattle No. 1 in home-price growth again; starter homes require half of income
- Zillow vs. McMansion Hell: Seattle company not backing off fight with blog despite PR fiasco
- Washington lawmakers reach tentative state budget deal, but no details made public
- Ohio woman set on fire by ex-boyfriend in 2015 dies
Eyecare health via telephone
Wed The eye surgeons at the Harman Eye Clinic have informational Wednesday seminars via the telephone to help people better understand and appreciate eye care, 12:45 p.m., Harman Eye Clinic, Arlington, 800-755-3937 or www.20better.com
Canker sore study
Ongoing The University of Washington Regional Clinical Dental Research Center is seeking volunteers who regularly get canker sores to participate in a two-week study examining a new treatment intended to reduce pain and speed healing. Participants must be at least 18 years old and will receive up to $60 compensation, UW Health Sciences Building, 1958 N.E. Pacific, Seattle, 206-685-8132.
Hospice volunteers needed
Jan 25 Hospice volunteers are needed in South King, Pierce and Kitsap counties to stay with patients in their homes, assist with errands and practical tasks, offering emotional support to terminally ill patients and their families, training sessions held Feb. 11-13 in Tacoma, 253-274-4635 or www.ghc.org