Pacific Northwest grocery chain, Haggen, is recalling ground beef sold at local stores after the supplier, National Beef Packing Company, announced a recall of more than 50,000 pounds of ground beef when a sample tested positive for a strain of E. coli.
The recall covers 97 percent lean ground beef, under the label NatureSource, produced July 18 with the use by/freeze by date of Aug. 7.
The product was sold in Snohomish and Oregon City Haggen stores and TOP Food & Drug stores in Olympia, Woodinville and Grays Harbor.
Customers are advised to return the product to the store for a full refund, according to a Haggen news release.
- Artificially produced water delivers Israel from drought
- Seahawks' Michael Bennett admits he wants a new deal
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- 2nd man comes forward with accusation against Hastert
- Seahawks' honest approach won over cornerback Cary Williams in free-agency tour
Most Read Stories
Anna Boiko-Weyrauch: 206-464-3145 or email@example.com