Washington is at center stage in the debate over genetically engineered foods this election season. If voters approve Initiative 522, the state will be the first in the nation to implement labeling of foods that contain genetically engineered ingredients.
Here, labeling supporter Phil Bereano of the University of Washington and opponent Charles P. “Max” Moehs of Arcadia Biosciences in Seattle address some of the social and economic issues that surround the technology, along with its future promise or pitfalls.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected