Gov. Christine Gregoire has appointed Susan Craighead to replace Judge Michael Spearman on the King County Superior Court. Spearman stepped down to...
OLYMPIA — Gov. Christine Gregoire has appointed Susan Craighead to replace Judge Michael Spearman on the King County Superior Court.
Spearman stepped down to take a job with Judicial Dispute Resolution in Seattle.
Gregoire says Craighead’s “esteemed academic and professional background and her active involvement in the Washington justice system will serve her well on the bench.”
Craighead, of Seattle, has been a commissioner for the Washington state Court of Appeals since 2002. Before that, she was a staff attorney for the Seattle-King County Public Defender Association.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill