Gov. Christine Gregoire has appointed Susan Craighead to replace Judge Michael Spearman on the King County Superior Court. Spearman stepped down to...
OLYMPIA — Gov. Christine Gregoire has appointed Susan Craighead to replace Judge Michael Spearman on the King County Superior Court.
Spearman stepped down to take a job with Judicial Dispute Resolution in Seattle.
Gregoire says Craighead’s “esteemed academic and professional background and her active involvement in the Washington justice system will serve her well on the bench.”
Craighead, of Seattle, has been a commissioner for the Washington state Court of Appeals since 2002. Before that, she was a staff attorney for the Seattle-King County Public Defender Association.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Paul Allen ends KEXP’s yearslong fundraising drive with $500,000 donation
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more