Gov. Christine Gregoire has appointed Susan Craighead to replace Judge Michael Spearman on the King County Superior Court. Spearman stepped down to...
OLYMPIA — Gov. Christine Gregoire has appointed Susan Craighead to replace Judge Michael Spearman on the King County Superior Court.
Spearman stepped down to take a job with Judicial Dispute Resolution in Seattle.
Gregoire says Craighead’s “esteemed academic and professional background and her active involvement in the Washington justice system will serve her well on the bench.”
Craighead, of Seattle, has been a commissioner for the Washington state Court of Appeals since 2002. Before that, she was a staff attorney for the Seattle-King County Public Defender Association.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more