Gov. Christine Gregoire has appointed Susan Craighead to replace Judge Michael Spearman on the King County Superior Court. Spearman stepped down to...
OLYMPIA — Gov. Christine Gregoire has appointed Susan Craighead to replace Judge Michael Spearman on the King County Superior Court.
Spearman stepped down to take a job with Judicial Dispute Resolution in Seattle.
Gregoire says Craighead’s “esteemed academic and professional background and her active involvement in the Washington justice system will serve her well on the bench.”
Craighead, of Seattle, has been a commissioner for the Washington state Court of Appeals since 2002. Before that, she was a staff attorney for the Seattle-King County Public Defender Association.
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Navy stealthily targets Hood Canal development
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach