Gov. Christine Gregoire has appointed Susan Craighead to replace Judge Michael Spearman on the King County Superior Court. Spearman stepped down to...
OLYMPIA — Gov. Christine Gregoire has appointed Susan Craighead to replace Judge Michael Spearman on the King County Superior Court.
Spearman stepped down to take a job with Judicial Dispute Resolution in Seattle.
Gregoire says Craighead’s “esteemed academic and professional background and her active involvement in the Washington justice system will serve her well on the bench.”
Craighead, of Seattle, has been a commissioner for the Washington state Court of Appeals since 2002. Before that, she was a staff attorney for the Seattle-King County Public Defender Association.
- Death of Evergreen player, other injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins