Expect big traffic jams around Husky Stadium on Saturday, and smaller jams around KeyArena Saturday and Sunday, as area universities hold commencement exercises.
• The University of Washington expects 5,300 graduates and more than 40,000 family members, friends and faculty observers to be part of undergraduate and graduate commencement exercises at Husky Stadium Saturday, beginning at 12:30 p.m., when graduates begin lining up and doors open for guests. The procession starts at 1:30 p.m., and the ceremony is scheduled to conclude at 4:30 p.m. The commencement speaker is former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
• Seattle Pacific University’s undergraduate commencement will begin at 1 p.m. Saturday at Seattle Center’s KeyArena. The commencement speaker is Marian Wright Edelman, the founder and president of the Children’s Defense Fund and the first black woman admitted to the Mississippi Bar. The ceremony is expected to end at 3:30 p.m.
• Seattle University’s undergraduate commencement will begin at 9:30 a.m. Sunday at KeyArena. The speaker is Jo Luck, former president and CEO of Heifer International. It is scheduled to end at 1 p.m.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Seahawks training camp impressions, Day Four --- Pass rush speed, Mohammed Seisay, the center spot, and more
Most Read Stories
Katherine Long: 206-464-2219