Expect big traffic jams around Husky Stadium on Saturday, and smaller jams around KeyArena Saturday and Sunday, as area universities hold commencement exercises.
• The University of Washington expects 5,300 graduates and more than 40,000 family members, friends and faculty observers to be part of undergraduate and graduate commencement exercises at Husky Stadium Saturday, beginning at 12:30 p.m., when graduates begin lining up and doors open for guests. The procession starts at 1:30 p.m., and the ceremony is scheduled to conclude at 4:30 p.m. The commencement speaker is former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
• Seattle Pacific University’s undergraduate commencement will begin at 1 p.m. Saturday at Seattle Center’s KeyArena. The commencement speaker is Marian Wright Edelman, the founder and president of the Children’s Defense Fund and the first black woman admitted to the Mississippi Bar. The ceremony is expected to end at 3:30 p.m.
• Seattle University’s undergraduate commencement will begin at 9:30 a.m. Sunday at KeyArena. The speaker is Jo Luck, former president and CEO of Heifer International. It is scheduled to end at 1 p.m.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
Most Read Stories
Katherine Long: 206-464-2219