Expect big traffic jams around Husky Stadium on Saturday, and smaller jams around KeyArena Saturday and Sunday, as area universities hold commencement exercises.
• The University of Washington expects 5,300 graduates and more than 40,000 family members, friends and faculty observers to be part of undergraduate and graduate commencement exercises at Husky Stadium Saturday, beginning at 12:30 p.m., when graduates begin lining up and doors open for guests. The procession starts at 1:30 p.m., and the ceremony is scheduled to conclude at 4:30 p.m. The commencement speaker is former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
• Seattle Pacific University’s undergraduate commencement will begin at 1 p.m. Saturday at Seattle Center’s KeyArena. The commencement speaker is Marian Wright Edelman, the founder and president of the Children’s Defense Fund and the first black woman admitted to the Mississippi Bar. The ceremony is expected to end at 3:30 p.m.
• Seattle University’s undergraduate commencement will begin at 9:30 a.m. Sunday at KeyArena. The speaker is Jo Luck, former president and CEO of Heifer International. It is scheduled to end at 1 p.m.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
Katherine Long: 206-464-2219