The former mayor of Prosser, who is a convicted low-level sex offender, has been barred from attending her daughter's high school graduation.
The former mayor of Prosser, who is a convicted low-level sex offender, has been barred from attending her daughter’s high school graduation.
The Tri-City Herald reports (http://bit.ly/1txGW85) that a judge ruled Friday that Linda Lusk missed a deadline to appeal the school district’s decision to ban her from school properties and events.
In 2011, Lusk pleaded guilty to third-degree child molestation for having sexual contact with a 14-year-old boy who stopped at her home to ask her to sign a petition.
The school district has a policy preventing all registered sex offenders from coming on district property or attending student activities. In order to attend school events, Lusk has to get written permission from the superintendent. Her request to attend Prosser High School’s graduation was denied in March.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
Most Read Stories
Lusk’s attorney’s plan to appeal the decision.
Information from: Tri-City Herald, http://www.tri-cityherald.com