The former mayor of Prosser, who is a convicted low-level sex offender, has been barred from attending her daughter's high school graduation.
The former mayor of Prosser, who is a convicted low-level sex offender, has been barred from attending her daughter’s high school graduation.
The Tri-City Herald reports (http://bit.ly/1txGW85) that a judge ruled Friday that Linda Lusk missed a deadline to appeal the school district’s decision to ban her from school properties and events.
In 2011, Lusk pleaded guilty to third-degree child molestation for having sexual contact with a 14-year-old boy who stopped at her home to ask her to sign a petition.
The school district has a policy preventing all registered sex offenders from coming on district property or attending student activities. In order to attend school events, Lusk has to get written permission from the superintendent. Her request to attend Prosser High School’s graduation was denied in March.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space
Most Read Stories
Lusk’s attorney’s plan to appeal the decision.
Information from: Tri-City Herald, http://www.tri-cityherald.com