The former mayor of Prosser, who is a convicted low-level sex offender, has been barred from attending her daughter's high school graduation.
The former mayor of Prosser, who is a convicted low-level sex offender, has been barred from attending her daughter’s high school graduation.
The Tri-City Herald reports (http://bit.ly/1txGW85) that a judge ruled Friday that Linda Lusk missed a deadline to appeal the school district’s decision to ban her from school properties and events.
In 2011, Lusk pleaded guilty to third-degree child molestation for having sexual contact with a 14-year-old boy who stopped at her home to ask her to sign a petition.
The school district has a policy preventing all registered sex offenders from coming on district property or attending student activities. In order to attend school events, Lusk has to get written permission from the superintendent. Her request to attend Prosser High School’s graduation was denied in March.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
Most Read Stories
Lusk’s attorney’s plan to appeal the decision.
Information from: Tri-City Herald, http://www.tri-cityherald.com