SEATAC — A former Marine has been reunited with the military working dog he says meant everything to him when he served in Afghanistan. And if the yellow Lab named Thor was a little distracted when he arrived at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, that’s OK.
The News Tribune reports that Deano Miller says the two have lots of time to get reacquainted after four years apart.
Their reunion Thursday marked the successful end of a long effort to adopt the dog he worked with for seven months in 2010. Since then, Thor, now 7, had served alongside several more handlers in combat while Miller re-established a life in his hometown of Tacoma.
The adoption was aided by two groups that work to bring military war dogs back to the U.S. from combat abroad.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
Most Read Stories
The 25-year-old Miller says Thor “was the only thing that kept me going every day.”