SEATAC — A former Marine has been reunited with the military working dog he says meant everything to him when he served in Afghanistan. And if the yellow Lab named Thor was a little distracted when he arrived at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, that’s OK.
The News Tribune reports that Deano Miller says the two have lots of time to get reacquainted after four years apart.
Their reunion Thursday marked the successful end of a long effort to adopt the dog he worked with for seven months in 2010. Since then, Thor, now 7, had served alongside several more handlers in combat while Miller re-established a life in his hometown of Tacoma.
The adoption was aided by two groups that work to bring military war dogs back to the U.S. from combat abroad.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
- Six sickened by E. coli linked to local food truck
- Huskies’ colors for opener are purple, green
Most Read Stories
The 25-year-old Miller says Thor “was the only thing that kept me going every day.”