SEATAC — A former Marine has been reunited with the military working dog he says meant everything to him when he served in Afghanistan. And if the yellow Lab named Thor was a little distracted when he arrived at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, that’s OK.
The News Tribune reports that Deano Miller says the two have lots of time to get reacquainted after four years apart.
Their reunion Thursday marked the successful end of a long effort to adopt the dog he worked with for seven months in 2010. Since then, Thor, now 7, had served alongside several more handlers in combat while Miller re-established a life in his hometown of Tacoma.
The adoption was aided by two groups that work to bring military war dogs back to the U.S. from combat abroad.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
Most Read Stories
The 25-year-old Miller says Thor “was the only thing that kept me going every day.”