Former Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire has been appointed to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center's board of trustees.
Former Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire has been appointed to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center’s board of trustees.
She is one of four new board members appointed on Friday. Their terms begin July 1.
Hutch president Dr. Larry Corey notes Gregoire’s leadership experience as well as her recognition of the importance of biomedical research. She established the state’s Life Sciences Discovery Fund in 2005 to support innovative research.
Gregoire has also had personal experience with cancer. She had surgery for breast cancer in 2003, while she was attorney general.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Queen Anne apartments -- at half the usual cost
- Bing no longer a search-engine blip
Most Read Stories
The other new board members at the Hutch are former telecommunications executive Theresa Gillespie, venture capitalist Matt McIlwain and real estate financier and investor Norman Metcalfe.