Former Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire has been appointed to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center's board of trustees.
Former Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire has been appointed to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center’s board of trustees.
She is one of four new board members appointed on Friday. Their terms begin July 1.
Hutch president Dr. Larry Corey notes Gregoire’s leadership experience as well as her recognition of the importance of biomedical research. She established the state’s Life Sciences Discovery Fund in 2005 to support innovative research.
Gregoire has also had personal experience with cancer. She had surgery for breast cancer in 2003, while she was attorney general.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- Seattle-area home prices set record; 2nd-fastest rising in nation
Most Read Stories
The other new board members at the Hutch are former telecommunications executive Theresa Gillespie, venture capitalist Matt McIlwain and real estate financier and investor Norman Metcalfe.