Olympia police say they're investigating attempted arsons after fires were set at two schools.
Olympia police say they’re investigating attempted arsons after fires were set at two schools.
Deputy Fire Chief Greg Wright says a bale of hay at Pioneer Elementary and a trash can at the private Nova School were set on fire either late Friday or Saturday morning.
Both blazes were just about out when fire crews arrived on scene.
Wright says the damage at both schools was estimated at $15,000. No one was inside the buildings when the fires occurred.
- Death of Evergreen player, other injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
Most Read Stories
Olympia police spokeswoman Laura Wohl says there are no suspects at this time.
Information from: The Olympian, http://www.theolympian.com