A fire gutted a building that houses a well-known restaurant and tourism businesses on San Juan Island's waterfront in Friday Harbor.
A fire gutted a building that houses a well-known restaurant and tourism businesses on San Juan Island’s waterfront in Friday Harbor.
KOMO-TV reports ( http://is.gd/qcI6jd) that fire crews responded at about 2:40 a.m. Saturday. The building near the state ferry landing houses Downriggers Restaurant and several other businesses, including Friday Harbor Marine, Friday Harbor Yachts, San Juan Safaris and San Juan Excursions.
Carolyn Hudson, a spokeswoman for San Juan Island Fire and Rescue, says the flames were at least 20 to 30 feet high, and the building appears to be a total loss. She says it’s a big loss to the community, especially because the restaurant employs about 50 people.
Firefighters planned to work all day to make sure the fire doesn’t spread.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- Car strikes 3 at Sasquatch festival; 1 serious injury
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- Capitol Hill cellphone robbery gets worse once gunfire starts
Most Read Stories
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/