The Seattle Fire Department says no one was injured in a three-alarm fire that damaged a historic building in Pioneer Square. The fire was reported...
The Seattle Fire Department says no one was injured in a three-alarm fire that damaged a historic building in Pioneer Square.
The fire was reported about 12:30 this morning in a three-story building at Second and Yesler that was built in the late 1800s, according to Sue Stangl of the fire department.
It currently houses the Metropole Market and a restaurant. The fire damaged the first-floor market, Stangl said, causing about $800,000 in structural losses and $300,000 in damage to goods. There were no injuries.
The fire was caused by a cigarette that was improperly disposed of in a storage room’s trash can, Stangl said. The fire was difficult to fight, she said, because it was hidden in space between the first and second floor. There were no fire sprinklers installed in the structure.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?