The two people killed in a multiple-car accident Thursday on southbound Interstate 5 in Federal Way evening have been identified as Robert Galaviz, 55, of Federal Way, and Georgina L. Steele, 61, of Seattle, the Washington State Patrol reports.
The two people killed in a multiple-car accident Thursday on southbound Interstate 5 in Federal Way have been identified as Robert Galaviz, 55, of Federal Way, and Georgina Steele, 61, of Seattle, the Washington State Patrol reports.
Troopers said a 51-year-old Puyallup man crossed a grassy median near the 320th Street exit about 6 p.m. and hit four southbound cars. He was taken into custody under suspicion of vehicular homicide.
In addition to the victims, in separate vehicles, another man, and a 66-year-old passenger in Steele’s car, were hospitalized with serious injuries, said Trooper Curt Boyle.
A 25-year-old Des Moines woman also suffered minor injuries.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
Most Read Stories
The State Patrol’s criminal-investigation division is seeking witnesses to the collision and to know the events leading up to it.
Investigators want to speak with motorists who saw a white 2006 Chrysler 300 before the collision.
Anyone with information is asked to call Trooper Detective Sgt. Stacey Moate at 425-649-4370, ext 146, or Detective Ruth Medeiros at 425-649-4370, ext 119.