An FBI spokeswoman in Seattle says there's no specific target or credible information about an imminent attack.
An FBI spokeswoman in Seattle says there’s no specific target or credible information about an imminent attack.
Spokeswoman Ayn Dietrich says the agency and the Department of Homeland Security issued a bulletin Thursday to raise awareness about the possibility of homegrown extremist retaliation in response to the killings of civilians in Afghanistan.
A soldier from Joint Base Lewis-McChord has been accused of the shootings.
Dietrich says the FBI has previously seen extremists plot attacks in retaliation for the actions of soldiers. They include a plot last year to attack a military recruit processing station in Seattle.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU