A fatal accident near Monroe closed all lanes of Highway 2 in Monroe for more than four hours.
All lanes of Highway 2 near Monroe were closed for more than four hours Saturday after an accident that killed a 38-year-old Bothell man
Washington State Patrol spokesman Mark Francis said the man was driving east on the highway just east of the Monroe city limits when his car crossed the centerline around 12:15 p.m. and collided with a westbound, empty tanker truck.
He was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, but died on the way to the hospital, Francis said. The truck driver was not injured.
All lanes of Highway 2 were reopened to traffic by 4:50 p.m., the state Department of Transportation said.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip
Most Read Stories