A fatal accident near Monroe closed all lanes of Highway 2 in Monroe for more than four hours.
All lanes of Highway 2 near Monroe were closed for more than four hours Saturday after an accident that killed a 38-year-old Bothell man
Washington State Patrol spokesman Mark Francis said the man was driving east on the highway just east of the Monroe city limits when his car crossed the centerline around 12:15 p.m. and collided with a westbound, empty tanker truck.
He was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, but died on the way to the hospital, Francis said. The truck driver was not injured.
All lanes of Highway 2 were reopened to traffic by 4:50 p.m., the state Department of Transportation said.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories