A fatal accident near Monroe closed all lanes of Highway 2 in Monroe for more than four hours.
All lanes of Highway 2 near Monroe were closed for more than four hours Saturday after an accident that killed a 38-year-old Bothell man
Washington State Patrol spokesman Mark Francis said the man was driving east on the highway just east of the Monroe city limits when his car crossed the centerline around 12:15 p.m. and collided with a westbound, empty tanker truck.
He was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, but died on the way to the hospital, Francis said. The truck driver was not injured.
All lanes of Highway 2 were reopened to traffic by 4:50 p.m., the state Department of Transportation said.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor
- Evergreen senior’s death renews football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
Most Read Stories