An Everett espresso stand caught fire Thursday evening, sending a barista to Harborview Medical Center, according to the city's fire department.
Update 9:10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 8, 2015: The barista’s condition is critical.
Original post: An Everett espresso stand caught fire Thursday evening, sending a barista to Harborview Medical Center, according to the city’s fire department.
The young woman at the business at Fourth Avenue West and Southwest Everett Mall Way was taken to the hospital with burns shortly before 6 p.m., around the time fire authorities reported the fire was out, according to tweets from the department and MyEverettNews.com. The severity of her injuries is unknown.
The business, Saints and Sinners bikini coffee stand, is in the parking lot of a Shell gas station, the Everett news site says. Authorities first received reports of the fire before 5 p.m.
Most Read Stories
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Swedish double-booked its surgeries, and the patients didn't know | Quantity of Care
- Seattle Zestimates are off by $40,000; now hundreds of data crunchers vie to improve Zillow’s model
The blaze destroyed the stand and a nearby vehicle, according to the news site. The cost of damage is unknown.
No other details were immediately available.
The incident remains under investigation.