An Everett espresso stand caught fire Thursday evening, sending a barista to Harborview Medical Center, according to the city's fire department.
Update 9:10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 8, 2015: The barista’s condition is critical.
Original post: An Everett espresso stand caught fire Thursday evening, sending a barista to Harborview Medical Center, according to the city’s fire department.
The young woman at the business at Fourth Avenue West and Southwest Everett Mall Way was taken to the hospital with burns shortly before 6 p.m., around the time fire authorities reported the fire was out, according to tweets from the department and MyEverettNews.com. The severity of her injuries is unknown.
The business, Saints and Sinners bikini coffee stand, is in the parking lot of a Shell gas station, the Everett news site says. Authorities first received reports of the fire before 5 p.m.
- White Sox lead protest against Mariners collecting 60 percent of visiting-clubhouse dues
- Sounders part ways with longtime coach Sigi Schmid
- SeaTac ordered to pay $18 million to couple it cheated in secret land grab
- Seattle-area home market hits new peak but shows signs of possible cooling
- More than 6 WSU football players named as 'persons of interest' in weekend party assault case WATCH
Most Read Stories
The blaze destroyed the stand and a nearby vehicle, according to the news site. The cost of damage is unknown.
No other details were immediately available.
The incident remains under investigation.