An Everett espresso stand caught fire Thursday evening, sending a barista to Harborview Medical Center, according to the city's fire department.
Update 9:10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 8, 2015: The barista’s condition is critical.
Original post: An Everett espresso stand caught fire Thursday evening, sending a barista to Harborview Medical Center, according to the city’s fire department.
The young woman at the business at Fourth Avenue West and Southwest Everett Mall Way was taken to the hospital with burns shortly before 6 p.m., around the time fire authorities reported the fire was out, according to tweets from the department and MyEverettNews.com. The severity of her injuries is unknown.
The business, Saints and Sinners bikini coffee stand, is in the parking lot of a Shell gas station, the Everett news site says. Authorities first received reports of the fire before 5 p.m.
Most Read Stories
- 2,000 Seattle teachers wear ‘Black Lives Matter’ shirts to class VIEW
- Petition seeks recall of Wonder Woman as U.N. ambassador
- The great debate: Did Trump say ‘bigly’ or ‘big league’? (Poll) WATCH
- Seahawks Richard Sherman thinks NFL intentionally edited highlight video of Atlanta's final play WATCH
- Port Angeles woman accused of sexual contact with boy, dog
The blaze destroyed the stand and a nearby vehicle, according to the news site. The cost of damage is unknown.
No other details were immediately available.
The incident remains under investigation.