An Everett espresso stand caught fire Thursday evening, sending a barista to Harborview Medical Center, according to the city's fire department.
Update 9:10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 8, 2015: The barista’s condition is critical.
Original post: An Everett espresso stand caught fire Thursday evening, sending a barista to Harborview Medical Center, according to the city’s fire department.
The young woman at the business at Fourth Avenue West and Southwest Everett Mall Way was taken to the hospital with burns shortly before 6 p.m., around the time fire authorities reported the fire was out, according to tweets from the department and MyEverettNews.com. The severity of her injuries is unknown.
The business, Saints and Sinners bikini coffee stand, is in the parking lot of a Shell gas station, the Everett news site says. Authorities first received reports of the fire before 5 p.m.
Most Read Stories
- Russian hackers tried to access Washington’s voting systems, officials say
- California brain surgeon faces more child sex abuse charges
- Seattle’s real Spider Man sets us straight: They’re not out to get you VIEW
- Boeing seeks quick legal fix to stop Bombardier
- We just experienced warmest and driest summer ever recorded in Seattle
The blaze destroyed the stand and a nearby vehicle, according to the news site. The cost of damage is unknown.
No other details were immediately available.
The incident remains under investigation.