Some best-bet events for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend
Need more stuff to feel thankful for?
A downtown holiday parade in Seattle on Friday, and other events through the long weekend should please those who aren’t spending it trudging across a snowy pass or battling other shoppers at the bargain tables.
Here are a few best-bet events. Find more details at www.seattletimes.com/entertainment.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- True-crime author Ann Rule dies at age 83
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
Most Read Stories
NOV. 23 Floats, marching bands, drill teams and Santa, 9 a.m., from Seventh Avenue and Pine Street, ending at Fourth Avenue and Pine Street(www.holidaysinseattle.com)
Macy’s Star and Westlake Center Holiday Tree Lighting
NOV. 23 Holiday star lighting at Macy’s, tree-lighting ceremony, fireworks (weather permitting), 4:45 p.m., Westlake Center(www.holidaysinseattle.com)
NOV. 23-JAN. 1 Carousel, benefits Treehouse for foster kids, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Nov. 23-24, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday. Open through Jan. 1, times subject to change due to weather and other conditions, Westlake Park; suggested donation $2 (www.holidaysinseattle.com).=
Seattle Center Winterfest
NOV. 23-JAN. 6 Winter Train and Village display, entertainment including Seattle Youth Symphony Orchestra, 12:30 p.m. Nov. 23; Seattle Men’s Chorus, 12:30 p.m. Nov. 24; Armory/Center House, Seattle Center(206-684-7200 or www.seattlecenter.com)
• Winterfest Ice Rink indoor ice skating, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Sundays-Thursdays through Jan. 6, Fisher Pavilion, Seattle Center; $7/adults, $5/ages 6-12, $2/ages 5 and younger, includes skate rental, cash only
Bellevue Magic Season
NOV. 23-DEC. 31 Snowflake Lane snowfall, live toy soldiers and winter characters, music, light show, 7 p. m. daily Nov. 23 through Dec. 24 along the sidewalks of Bellevue Way and Northeast Eighth Street; Celebration Lane Dec. 26-31, Bellevue Way and Northeast Eighth Street, Bellevue; free (www.magicseason.com)
• Bellevue Ice Arena open-air ice skating rink, food concessions, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Nov. 23-24, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Nov. 25, hours vary daily through Jan. 13; Bellevue Downtown Park, 10201 N.E. Fourth St., Bellevue; $10 includes skate rental, two skate for the price of one Tuesdays
• Garden d’Lights, light-sculpture flowers, animal characters, 5-10 p.m., last entry 9:30 p.m., Nov. 24 through Dec. 31, Bellevue Botanical Garden, 12001 Main St., Bellevue; $5, ages 10 and younger free; advance ticket purchase recommended; free Nov. 26-29, Dec. 3-6 (425-452-6844 or www.gardendlights.org).