The Tacoma kindergarten teacher has been fired over an alcohol-related offense in February.
TACOMA — Officials say a Tacoma kindergarten teacher has been fired over an alcohol-related offense in February.
Tacoma School District attorney Shannon McMinimee says Klara Bowman, who was hired by the district in 2008, was fired last week after an investigation.
District spokesman Dan Voelpel says Bowman was terminated because “it appeared she had alcohol in a beverage container in class.”
The News Tribune reports a last-chance agreement had been in place between the district and Bowman due to a previous alcohol-related incident in 2011.
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Is Seattle a target for a North Korean nuclear attack? Well, not quite yet, insiders say
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch agrees to contract with Raiders, is traded to Oakland in exchange of 2018 draft picks
- Boeing’s budget ax falls on popular gym for employees
Officials say Bowman plans to appeal the firing decision.