The Tacoma kindergarten teacher has been fired over an alcohol-related offense in February.
TACOMA — Officials say a Tacoma kindergarten teacher has been fired over an alcohol-related offense in February.
Tacoma School District attorney Shannon McMinimee says Klara Bowman, who was hired by the district in 2008, was fired last week after an investigation.
District spokesman Dan Voelpel says Bowman was terminated because “it appeared she had alcohol in a beverage container in class.”
The News Tribune reports a last-chance agreement had been in place between the district and Bowman due to a previous alcohol-related incident in 2011.
Most Read Stories
- Suspect in mall shooting was socially awkward, troubled, former classmates and others say WATCH
- Gun seized in Che Taylor shooting traced to former sheriff’s deputy, officials say WATCH
- Police mistakenly describe Cascade Mall shooting suspect as 'Hispanic'; protests erupt on Twitter
- Mariners stunned by news of the tragic death of Marlins' pitcher Jose Fernandez
- Cancer survivor, 16, among dead at Cascade Mall; victims’ families grieve VIEW
Officials say Bowman plans to appeal the firing decision.