The Tacoma kindergarten teacher has been fired over an alcohol-related offense in February.
TACOMA — Officials say a Tacoma kindergarten teacher has been fired over an alcohol-related offense in February.
Tacoma School District attorney Shannon McMinimee says Klara Bowman, who was hired by the district in 2008, was fired last week after an investigation.
District spokesman Dan Voelpel says Bowman was terminated because “it appeared she had alcohol in a beverage container in class.”
The News Tribune reports a last-chance agreement had been in place between the district and Bowman due to a previous alcohol-related incident in 2011.
Most Read Stories
- Jury acquits leaders of Malheur wildlife-refuge standoff
- Watch: Shots reportedly fired, 141 arrested at Dakota Access Pipeline protests WATCH
- Suspicious? Gay groomsman only one left out of rehearsal dinner | Dear Carolyn
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch is never far from teammates’ memories WATCH
- Group headed by Tim Leiweke interested in KeyArena renovation for NBA, NHL VIEW
Officials say Bowman plans to appeal the firing decision.