The Tacoma kindergarten teacher has been fired over an alcohol-related offense in February.
TACOMA — Officials say a Tacoma kindergarten teacher has been fired over an alcohol-related offense in February.
Tacoma School District attorney Shannon McMinimee says Klara Bowman, who was hired by the district in 2008, was fired last week after an investigation.
District spokesman Dan Voelpel says Bowman was terminated because “it appeared she had alcohol in a beverage container in class.”
The News Tribune reports a last-chance agreement had been in place between the district and Bowman due to a previous alcohol-related incident in 2011.
- Seattle-area home prices surge to new high
- The sorrow of Steak ’n Shake VIEW
- Did Lorenzo Romar, Brandon Roy and UW’s recruiting of the Porter brothers cross the line?
- Microsoft draws flak for pushing Windows 10 on PC users
- Seahawks QB Trevone Boykin charged with assault after reportedly striking cop in December
Most Read Stories
Officials say Bowman plans to appeal the firing decision.