The Tacoma kindergarten teacher has been fired over an alcohol-related offense in February.
TACOMA — Officials say a Tacoma kindergarten teacher has been fired over an alcohol-related offense in February.
Tacoma School District attorney Shannon McMinimee says Klara Bowman, who was hired by the district in 2008, was fired last week after an investigation.
District spokesman Dan Voelpel says Bowman was terminated because “it appeared she had alcohol in a beverage container in class.”
The News Tribune reports a last-chance agreement had been in place between the district and Bowman due to a previous alcohol-related incident in 2011.
Most Read Stories
- Help! Marriott charged $250 for smoking in my room — but I don’t smoke
- FBI’s massive porn sting puts internet privacy in crossfire
- There’s a reason why ‘rebound’ body odor flares, fades | The People's Pharmacy
- Live updates from Donald Trump’s Everett rally
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman: Colin Kaepernick makes good point, 'could have picked a better platform' WATCH
Officials say Bowman plans to appeal the firing decision.