The Tacoma kindergarten teacher has been fired over an alcohol-related offense in February.
TACOMA — Officials say a Tacoma kindergarten teacher has been fired over an alcohol-related offense in February.
Tacoma School District attorney Shannon McMinimee says Klara Bowman, who was hired by the district in 2008, was fired last week after an investigation.
District spokesman Dan Voelpel says Bowman was terminated because “it appeared she had alcohol in a beverage container in class.”
The News Tribune reports a last-chance agreement had been in place between the district and Bowman due to a previous alcohol-related incident in 2011.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle home too toxic to enter sparked a bidding frenzy — now we know why VIEW
- Cheating hubby needs to reset attitude toward ‘affair baby’ | Dear Carolyn
- Swedish CEO resigns in wake of Seattle Times investigation
- Jay Inslee for president? Governor’s profile is on the rise
- Seattle cop accused of doing drugs with strip-club dancer, slipping names of crime victims to Q13 anchor
Officials say Bowman plans to appeal the firing decision.