The Tacoma kindergarten teacher has been fired over an alcohol-related offense in February.
TACOMA — Officials say a Tacoma kindergarten teacher has been fired over an alcohol-related offense in February.
Tacoma School District attorney Shannon McMinimee says Klara Bowman, who was hired by the district in 2008, was fired last week after an investigation.
District spokesman Dan Voelpel says Bowman was terminated because “it appeared she had alcohol in a beverage container in class.”
The News Tribune reports a last-chance agreement had been in place between the district and Bowman due to a previous alcohol-related incident in 2011.
- White Sox lead protest against Mariners collecting 60 percent of visiting-clubhouse dues
- Sounders part ways with longtime coach Sigi Schmid
- Seattle-area home market hits new peak but shows signs of possible cooling
- More than 6 WSU football players named as 'persons of interest' in weekend party assault case WATCH
- Texas attorney general accepted $100,000 gift while investigating company
Most Read Stories
Officials say Bowman plans to appeal the firing decision.