Physical-education award: Teachers Nancy Denny of Audubon Elementary School in Redmond and Alan Tepper of North Bend Elementary School were...
Teachers Nancy Denny of Audubon Elementary School in Redmond and Alan Tepper of North Bend Elementary School were each awarded the Fourth Annual Excellence in Teaching Awards by the King County Physical Activity Coalition. Physical-education teachers were selected from all grade levels and were presented with a plaque and money last week at the West’s Best Physical Education Conference at Chief Sealth High School in Seattle.
Top CEO award:
Mark C. Pigott of Paccar in Bellevue was recognized as one of the top three CEOs in the Machinery Sector by Institutional Investor magazine in its January issue.
Singer/songwriter Maureen Still was named the Catholic Elementary School Distinguished Graduate by the National Catholic Educational Association for outstanding personal and professional achievements. Still graduated from St. Louise Parish School in Bellevue in 1973.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- Seattle police release statements from officers who killed Charleena Lyles
- Mariners, nearly at full strength, show they can play, and beat, the best
- Wet, snowy winter creates life-threatening hazards for Pacific Crest Trail hikers
Compiled by Angie Ma
Kudos appears each Tuesday in the Eastside edition of The Seattle Times. E-mail items to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Kudos, The Seattle Times Eastside News Bureau, 1200 112th Ave. N.E., Suite C-145, Bellevue, WA 98004.