Also: Sewer installation to close part of Bellevue street.
King County Metro is considering changing bus Route 269 between Issaquah and Redmond, via the Sammamish Plateau, to stop at the Issaquah Highlands Park & Ride garage when it opens in 2006.
The change could mean a slightly longer trip for riders between central Issaquah and Sammamish because the revised route would no longer go to downtown Issaquah. That section of the route has had low ridership anyway, according to Metro. Routes 200, 209, 214 and 271 would continue to run between downtown and the park-and-ride.
The new, 1,000-stall park-and-ride is being built at Highlands Drive Northeast and Northeast High Street, just north of the Sunset interchange off Interstate 90. If approved, the route change would not happen until next year.
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Fishing 101 can help parents cope with daughter’s nasty ‘best friend’ | Dear Carolyn
- Cowlitz Tribe opening $510M casino complex they hope will draw 4.5M visitors
- Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob with Charred Lime Crema
For more information, or to comment, go online to transit.metrokc.gov/up/rr/sa_269.html or call Metro at 206-684-1646.
Sewer installation to close part of street
The 700 block of 99th Avenue Northeast in Bellevue will be closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. next Monday through Thursday while crews install a new sewer connection. Motorists can get to addresses within the closure area from the south.
For more information, call 425-452-7840.
Seattle Times Eastside bureau