Other items: Open house set on intersection change and Meeting tonight on plans for church site ...
Kirkland fire investigators said yesterday that they can’t determine the cause of a fire that tore through a Kirkland church an hour after Sunday services ended.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Issaquah student was doing 102 mph — and didn’t get a fine. Should fellow students be the judges?
Firefighters were called to the blaze in the 8000 block of 132nd Avenue Northeast around 1:45 p.m. and found the nursery of the single-story church in flames. No one was hurt.
The church was used by about 110 members of a Brethren group known as Christians Gathered Unto the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Damage was estimated at nearly $700,000.
Open house set on intersection change
The city of Bellevue will hold an open house from 5 to 7 p.m. today to discuss changes to the intersection of Bellevue-Redmond Road and Northeast 30th Street.
The event will be at Ardmore Elementary School’s multipurpose room, 16616 N.E. 32nd St. For more information, call the project manager at 425-452-2852.
Meeting tonight on plans for church site
The city of Bellevue is hosting a meeting tonight for neighbors of the proposed site of a new church in the Eastgate area.
The meeting will be at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 11511 Main St.
A Tacoma ministry called Champions Centre wants to build a 1,000-seat sanctuary near the Spiritridge Townhomes condominiums, on the site of an existing office building, at 3350 161st Ave. S.E., just north of Interstate 90.
Neighbors can learn more about the plans, which have not been approved by the city, and make comments about the development.