The Interfaith Task Force on Homelessness (ITFH) will hold its fifth annual event Oct. 1 with a theme of "Affirming Charity, Compassion...
The Interfaith Task Force on Homelessness (ITFH) will hold its fifth annual event Oct. 1 with a theme of “Affirming Charity, Compassion and Justice: Creating the Political Will to End Homelessness.”
The event will be held at First United Methodist Church, 1934 108th Ave. N.E., from 9:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
The keynote speaker is Rep. Mark Miloscia, D-Federal Way. Other panelists include: County Councilman Larry Gossett, Rabbi Anson Laytner, Hisham Farajallah from Idriss Mosque, Josephine Tamayo-Murray from Catholic Community Services and Linda Olsen from the Eastside Domestic Violence Program. Bill Block, director of the Committee to End Homelessness, will lead a workshop on the county’s Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness.
A registration donation of $25 is suggested, with scholarships available. The event includes workshops, panels and lunch. The registration form is available at the ITFH’s Web site, www.itfhomeless.org, or by calling 425-442-5418.
Most Read Stories
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- 83-year-old woman sexually assaulted in SeaTac assisted-living facility; assailant sought
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Trade analysis: Mariners deal a top prospect in Tyler O'Neill but leave their biggest hole unfilled
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH