The Interfaith Task Force on Homelessness (ITFH) will hold its fifth annual event Oct. 1 with a theme of "Affirming Charity, Compassion...
The Interfaith Task Force on Homelessness (ITFH) will hold its fifth annual event Oct. 1 with a theme of “Affirming Charity, Compassion and Justice: Creating the Political Will to End Homelessness.”
The event will be held at First United Methodist Church, 1934 108th Ave. N.E., from 9:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
The keynote speaker is Rep. Mark Miloscia, D-Federal Way. Other panelists include: County Councilman Larry Gossett, Rabbi Anson Laytner, Hisham Farajallah from Idriss Mosque, Josephine Tamayo-Murray from Catholic Community Services and Linda Olsen from the Eastside Domestic Violence Program. Bill Block, director of the Committee to End Homelessness, will lead a workshop on the county’s Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness.
A registration donation of $25 is suggested, with scholarships available. The event includes workshops, panels and lunch. The registration form is available at the ITFH’s Web site, www.itfhomeless.org, or by calling 425-442-5418.
Most Read Stories
- Solar eclipse’s tides blamed for broken net, up to 305,000 Atlantic salmon dumped into waters near San Juans
- Look back at our live coverage of the solar eclipse WATCH
- Your guide to enjoying the eclipse from Seattle
- 3 surprising Seattle restaurant closures — plus 11 more
- Watch: Alaska Airlines flight offers dramatic view of solar eclipse WATCH