The Kenmore City Council will hold a public hearing Monday at 7 p.m. to discuss the proposed expansion of Bastyr University in Kenmore. The meeting will be at...
The Kenmore City Council will hold a public hearing Monday at 7 p.m. to discuss the proposed expansion of Bastyr University in Kenmore.
The meeting will be at the Northshore Utility District, 6830 N.E. 185th St. in Kenmore.
Two public hearings also have been scheduled in June to discuss the plan: June 6 at 7 p.m. at the Northshore Utility District, and June 13 at 7 p.m. at Arrowhead Elementary School, 14925 67th Ave. N.E.
Most Read Stories
- Arrest of black teen in Wallingford sets off social-media storm
- Huskies not only should be in playoffs, they should be in Fiesta Bowl
- An earthquake worse than the 'Big One'? Shattered New Zealand city shows danger of Seattle's fault | Seismic Neglect WATCH
- What the national media are saying about the Huskies' Pac-12 title, playoff chances: 'Washington is back'
- Snow is on way to Western Washington lowlands, weather service says
For more information, look online at www.cityofkenmore.com or call 425-398-8900.
Sternoff joins race for council position
Kirkland Parks Commissioner Bob Sternoff announced yesterday that he will run for Position 2 on the Kirkland City Council in November.
The council seat was recently vacated by Tom Dillon and is currently held by Nona Ganz, who was appointed to fill the position until after the fall elections.
Sternoff has served on the Kirkland Parks and Community Services Board for eight years, including three years as chairman. He also serves on the Citizens Advisory Committee for the Juanita Beach Park Master Plan and is chairman of the Kirkland Downtown Action Team.
Child Safety Fair tomorrow at mall
More than 5,000 people are expected tomorrow at the ninth annual Child Safety Fair, organized by Overlake Hospital Medical Center and the Bellevue police and fire departments.
The fair runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Factoria Mall, 4092 Factoria Blvd. S.E.
Seattle Times Eastside bureau