King County sheriff's deputies were looking for a goateed man in a red Jeep who allegedly stopped a fifth-grade girl walking to school and...
King County sheriff’s deputies were looking for a goateed man in a red Jeep who allegedly stopped a fifth-grade girl walking to school and offered her candy if she got into his vehicle.
The girl told deputies that she was walking to Apollo Elementary, in the Issaquah School District, shortly before 8 a.m. when the man pulled up at a Texaco station east of Renton on Highway 900, near its intersection with 164th Avenue Southeast.
The girl refused the man’s offer and reported it to a school-bus driver, deputies said. She described the man as white, in his 40s, with medium-length brown hair, a mustache and a goatee. He smoked, she said.
Anyone with information can call 911.
Most Read Stories
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX on brink of `Wright Brothers moment’ with reused rocket
- Richard Branson celebrates Virgin Atlantic’s entry to Seattle market, tears into Alaska Air
- Best way to slow aging? Exercise, but not just any kind