King County sheriff's deputies were looking for a goateed man in a red Jeep who allegedly stopped a fifth-grade girl walking to school and...
King County sheriff’s deputies were looking for a goateed man in a red Jeep who allegedly stopped a fifth-grade girl walking to school and offered her candy if she got into his vehicle.
The girl told deputies that she was walking to Apollo Elementary, in the Issaquah School District, shortly before 8 a.m. when the man pulled up at a Texaco station east of Renton on Highway 900, near its intersection with 164th Avenue Southeast.
The girl refused the man’s offer and reported it to a school-bus driver, deputies said. She described the man as white, in his 40s, with medium-length brown hair, a mustache and a goatee. He smoked, she said.
Anyone with information can call 911.
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seahawks trade with Falcons, 49ers to move out of first round of 2017 NFL Draft, now have 10 picks WATCH
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the first round
- Highway 99 tolling: Here's how much you could pay, according to new analysis
- Offer help to daughter every which way; it may build a bond | Dear Carolyn