Bellevue will mark its 50th birthday with a yearlong celebration of the city's history and future.
Bellevue will mark its 50th birthday with a yearlong celebration of the city’s history and future. For continuing updates, check www.bellevue50fest.com
Most Read Stories
- Arrest of black teen in Wallingford sets off social-media storm
- Huskies not only should be in playoffs, they should be in Fiesta Bowl
- An earthquake worse than the 'Big One'? Shattered New Zealand city shows danger of Seattle's fault | Seismic Neglect WATCH
- College Football Playoff selection show: How to watch where the Huskies are ranked
- Fancy a weekend jaunt? Seattle, Portland booms put I-5 drivers in a jam | FYI Guy
50Fest Incorporation Day Event: Official birthday celebration, history-exhibit unveiling, live entertainment by Music Works NW Jazz Combo and Bellevue’s Dream Team Elite cheerleading squad and birthday cake, 6 to 8 p.m. at Meydenbauer Center, 11100 N.E. Sixth St. Information: 425-462-0152.
50Fest “Dance As You Were” Sock Hop: Live ’50s band, dance competitions and demonstrations, contests, classic cars, Bellevue History Timeline display, food; 6 to 11 p.m. at Bellevue Community College Gymnasium, 3000 Landerholm Circle S.E. Tickets: $5. Reservations: 425-462-0152.
Arbor Day Celebration: Volunteers needed to complete plantings in the Lake Hills Connector; lunch, music and ceremony to commemorate Bellevue’s Sister Cities, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Kelsey Creek Park, 13204 S.E. Eighth Place. Information: 425-452-2740.
Factoria’s 50Fest Neighborhood Celebration: 1950s music, pancake breakfast, lunchtime jazz show, community-groups fair and family entertainment; 8 a.m. breakfast, noon to 6 p.m. music and activities, Factoria Mall, 4055 Factoria Blvd. S.E. Information: 425-747-7344.
50Fest Motorama: Car show featuring classic cars with their modern counterparts, Bellevue Downtown Park, 10201 N.E. Fourth St. Information: 425-462-0152
Crossroads Celebrates Bellevue 50Fest: Music, food sampling at Crossroads Shopping Center, 15600 N.E. Eighth St. Information: 425-644-1111.